Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Addilyn!





































Our little girl turned one on Friday so we had a party with just us. I made cupcakes and we sang and showered attention on Addi (no different than any other day). Today we had the bigger family party with both sets of grandparents. We had a luncheon with chicken salad and roast beef sandwiches. My mom made her famous baked beans and Margo made a yummy fruit salad. Addi was loving the fruit salad. We went outside after and turned the horses out into the pasture so we could watch them run around. Later we opened presents. She got some really fun and wonderful things, way to hit the motherload baby girl! Addi loved her pretty pony cake I made, it was actually really fun and easy to do! She was a little hesistant at first but she finally dove in and got her hands and face full of cake, just the way it should be. After the grandparents left we went on a four mile walk to make room for a second helping of cake and ice cream. It was a perfect day with lots of fun and beautiful weather. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY ANGEL! WE LOVE YOU!
A side note, she took her first steps (three in a row) on Saturday and did a few more today. She also has two more teeth for a total of nine!

7 comments:

Aves said...

OH! She is SO darling! Happy Birthday to Addilyn! You guys look so happy, and sounds like you all had a great time!

Anna said...

Um. . . Talk about creative! That horse is awesome. So my little boy and your little girl are almost exactly a year a part. By the way She is so adorable! I love her cubby cheeks. They remind me of my Brooklyn when she was a baby. Take care!

Kristin Long said...

Wow! You are Miss Martha Stewart! Beautiful cake Danielle! She's a darling little girl. I hope to meet her one day! When I saw the pictures of your mom and dad I had flashbacks to high school :) Good times!

ropenracen said...

Such a cutie, Happy Birthday Addi, please tell me how to make the cake!

LauschHouse said...

Sneaking a peek at your blog for a few seconds while nathan isn't hogging the computer! She is sooooo cute!! Great job on the cake, you should see the disasters I tried out (no more fancy cakes for our girls) maybe we will have to hire you to make the next B-day cake at our house!! Miss you guys!

Adrienne said...

What a fun first birthday! Happy Birthday little Addi!

The McClellan Family said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe she is 1! I loved the cake you made, that was awesome! Especailly the horses hair! Looks like you guys are doing great!