I can't believe how fast time flies. Our little girl is almost a year old. I thought I should post some new pictures and comment on some new developments. She is no longer willing to drink from a bottle or nurse so we have moved to cow's milk in a sippy cup. She is tolerating that well and is a yogurt and cheese junkie! She is close to walking, taking a step and then grabbing for the first thing she can find. She has the ability but no confidence. She is still taking two naps daily. She sleeps for an hour at about 10:30am and then a two hour nap at 2:30-3pm. I usually sit in the front room and soak up the sunshine and read while she sleeps. We have been going for walks and small runs daily (if the weather and my ankle cooperates). I have Addi in the stroller and a dog on either side. I have been riding or working with the horses daily as well. Addi loves to sit in her stroller and watch. I have been working to get our four year old mare and two year old filly broke. I rode Legs (the two year old) for the first time on Friday...she handled it like a champ. All the ground work and desensitizing paid off. She acted like the saddle and I had been there a hundred times. She is such a neat little horse. I had my first barrel race back after my broken ankle. I was scared to death, a odd sensation for me when I am on the back of a horse. We did great though, I won third in the 2D both days and am currently in second place for the saddle series! They are awarding a saddle to the high money winning horse/rider combo. Our fingers are crossed!
Shane, as usual, has been working a ton. Saturday we went for a trail ride at the Sand Dunes to get the horses really tired. I rode Tilly and Shane rode Dixie (the four year old). Brent came with us and everyone did well and was exhausted after walking and running through the sand including our poor dogs. Margo watched Addi and then we all ate tacos and played Pinochle. The women triumph again. Two weeks in a row!
I have been really trying my best to coupon shop to the fullest. I saved over fifty bucks this week alone just with coupons. I have even attended some classes on the subject that have been very insightful. I know it mind sound strange to some of you but it can be a great way to save some serious cash. Just one example...I got jumbo packs of Huggies diapers normally ten bucks for less than two bucks a pack. Cool huh!
I am working with the boy scouts now and Addi and I attended our first outing this last week. It is career week so we went on a field trip to the police station, post office and bank to show the boys what it would be like to work at these places. They were mostly excited about the police officers job, because they get to carry a gun. :)
I think that about covers the high points...hope all is well with everyone!
3 comments:
It seems like forever since you posted! I love all the new pictures, she is growing up too fast!
good work on the couponing! Addi is such a doll! I can't believe she is almost one!
I love little Addi! She's so stinkin' cute! Good for you to be back riding and racing! I really miss hanging out with you! Hope you guys are doing well! It's soccer season!
Post a Comment