Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sweet Little Addilyn...etc.



Addi went to the Dr. for her 6 month check-up. She is in the 96th percentile for both height and weight. I didn't think she would still be so high up on the charts, but mama's milk continues to be truly the best. I think we will start solids in the near future though, she has been showing interest in eating with us. I have given her some food off my plate like mashed potatoes and peas and she seems happy to be able to take part in mealtime as well. The Dr. told me I didn't need to start on rice cereal which was good because I had no desire to feed her that. White rice isn't all that healthy for me. I understand the whole allergy thing but I am a firm believer that children are going to have food allergies no matter if they are given wheat at four months or nine. But that is just me.



We went to visit my parents for the weekend. My mom bought Addi this duck for the bathtub but she was just so content to sit in it on the couch and play. On Saturday we had a "girls" luncheon with all of my aunts and their families. We gathered at Rainbow Gardens in Ogden for food and shopping. I had the Chicken Penne Pesto and a Mormon Muffin. Oh so good! Addi got to have her first taste of a muffin as well. Shane and my dad went to see some western movie while the girls were being girls. All my mom and I can say is that we are glad they had each other to go with because neither her nor I was very interested in seeing their choice of flick. It rained all day on Saturday and for those of you who know me well understand my distaste in anything that resembles winter. I am already dreading the snow, I get cranky just thinking about it. Shane thinks we should get a winter hobby to break up the bleak days, so if anyone has some fun winter ideas please share with me!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a fun time! Addilyn is a such cute chubby baby.

Hillbillieclan said...

I love the Rainbow Garden, I haven't been there in YEARS. I can't believe how much Addi has changed! She definitely doesn't look like the pictures I have anymore. Love you guys. Hope we'll be able to see you soon.